Friday 13 January 2023

Mandisa

 Mandisa auditioned in 2005 to be a part of American Idol, a talent contest in the United States. She claimed to be "just Mandisa," thus was billed simply as Mandisa on the show. She said that her musical influences run all over the spectrum from Whitney Houston to Def Leppard. Idol judge Simon Cowell made several comments regarding Mandisa's weight following her audition that went well. He first asked "Do we have a larger stage this year?" After which, when Paula Abdul commented that Mandisa was a "Frenchie" grunt to her voice, Cowell responded that a more appropriate comparison would be to France itself. These were just a few of the comments that drew the ire of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, (NAAFA) and would be one of the reasons Mandisa chose to call her 2007 album True Beauty.When Mandisa presented herself to the panel of judges prior to the final cut-down of the 24 semi-finalists of the season She told Cowell: "What I want to say to you is that yes, you did hurt me and I cried and it was painful, it really was. I'm just trying to say that I have forgiven you. There is no need to apologize in order to forgive anyone. If Jesus could have died so that all of my sins would be forgiven I'm sure I'm able to extend the same grace to you. "Cowell said Cowell stated to Mandisa he was "humbled" and apologized to her right away.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice Eve

  Eve was a TV dramas like the BBC's The Rotary Club, Agatha Christie’s Poirot and Hawking. She also appeared in comedy films, Starter f...